Getting Started: Email
Posted on 00/00/0000 12:00 am
The Mail area functions allow a user to do many different tasks with email accounts. This includes creating email accounts, removing accounts, forwarding email, etc. The following part of this documentation will familiarize you with the Email Manager features.
Mail Options in CPanel
- Email Accounts - allows you to create e-mail accounts, define passwords and quotas for them. You can separately manage the e-mail accounts for a chosen domain.
- WebMail - allows you to access the webmail programs (Horde, Squirrelmail and RoundCube) included in cPanel. You can read your emails through a web browser.
- SpamAssassin - is an automated email filtering system that attempts to identify spam messages based on the content of the email's headers and body.
- Forwarders - using e-mail forwarders will allow you to send copies of all your messages from one e-mail account to another. You can also send the messages from all the accounts with one domain to the corresponding ones with another domain.
- Auto Responders - setting auto responder emails.
- Default Address - this feature will "catch" all the mails that are sent to an invalid email address for your domain.
- User Level Filtering - here you can manage filters for each user. Each user's filter is processed after the main account filters.
- Account Level Filtering - allows you to manage the filters for the main account. There you can also test the existing filters.
- Import Addresses/Forwarders - allows you to import e-mail addresses or forwarders from Excel spreadsheet files (.xls) or comma-separated values sheet files (.csv).
5 / 5 (1 vote cast) Rating: